Dan B's Toblerone cookies were such a hit at Saturday's AGM afternoon tea/cake fest, that lots of people have already been in touch to ask for the recipe.
Dan has very kindly shared his recipe for you to make at home here (providing he gets sent a sample of all first batches. Usual address please).
- 75g butter or margarine
- 75g granulated sugar
- 75g light muscavado sugar
- 1 egg
- 175g self-raising flour
- 100g bar milk Toblerone, roughly chopped
1. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Heat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
3. Fold in the flour and Toblerone pieces. Place large teaspoons of the mixture on the baking sheets, allowing room for them to spread. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
4. Cool on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. The cookies can be eaten warm or cold. If they make it to the cooling rack that is.