Thanks to everyone who posted their excellent baking recipes on last Friday's post.
This week's Sunday baking recipe comes from JT's mum, Pat, with her recipe for a good old fashioned crumble.
Pat’s apple and blackberry crumble
4oz plain flour
4oz porridge oats
3-4oz soft brown sugar
1lb Bramley apples, peeled and sliced
8oz blackberries washed
3oz granulated sugar
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 (350F/180C)
2. Place apples, blackberries and granulated sugar in a saucepan with little water and cook gently till apples are soft.
3. Spoon mixture into pie dish or a 9-10inch shallow gratin dish.
4. Place flour, butter and oats in a mixing bowl and rub together till crumbly. Then add the brown sugar and mix a bit more.
5. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the fruit and use a fork to even it out (Pat likes to press down with the fork and then sprinkle a little amount of granulated sugar on top as this makes it all crunchy when cooked.)
6. Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Best enjoyed after a long, brisk walk, with lashings of custard, sat in front of The Antiques Roadshow.
Roll on Sunday.